Translate

Monday, 31 October 2016

MY FAVOURITE POEM

  



      Well the clocks went back an hour last night so now for the long dark evenings when hopefully we all manage to settle to some more of our crafts. Along with the darker evenings come the misty mornings for a while and I always think of the first line of this poem by Keats. Seasons of mists and mellow fruitfulness. It is my favourite poem and so I really had to try this month's Calendar challenge at Claritystamps. It is very autumnal. I did struggle a little as I had not got the right colours of Distress re-inkers to make my own stamp pad with. I had to manage with ink pads and even then my good friend Maggie Craner came to the rescue and lent me some of the colours. I know I will be increasing my stash when I visit the NEC later this week. 

     Anyway for those of you that don't know the idea of the challenge is to try to re-create the artwork by Barbara Gray for the month on the 2016 Clarity calendar. Think I have managed to enter every one so far and have learnt a few things along the way.  Below is a picture of Barbara's artwork which we are aiming for. 


Barbara Gray's completed piece.
                                 
     So now for my attempt at this challenge. I will not go into details of how to complete the card as you only need to go to Barbara Gray's blog   One day at a Time   for all the information. I chose orange for my background card as it went better with the my colours.
   



  
       I shall try this again when I have some more re-inker colours to make a proper stamp pad instead of putting colours on stamp with a brush. 

      Thank-you for visiting xx

3 comments:

  1. Nice and vibrant ! Good luck! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vibrancy of your version Lynne. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete