Translate

Saturday, 16 April 2016

A GIRL AND HER DOG


       Goodness what a strange mix of weather we are having at the moment. We have had sun, rain, hail and snow today, one minute quite warm the next bitterly cold. I hope it is a lot warmer this time next year as we will be celebrating a family wedding. My son will be getting married, I am sure I will bore you more with the details as the year progresses. 
  
      Anyway back to the present and my other son's girlfriend is celebrating her 30th Birthday tomorrow. She has two dogs and absolutely adores them so I decided this girl and dog stamp was perfect to use for a card for her. Could have done with another dog really but can imagine that one of them was behind the tree. 

      



       I used a lovely stencil that came with the Clarity design club. So pretty and as I used it I could think of other cards to make so I think it will get plenty of use. So start by taping the stencil to a piece of Theuva card, Just add tape at the top to make a hinge can have a little peep then as you work without disturbing your work. Then stamp the girl and dog into place with sepia Archival ink



  
     
      Tear a hill mask from copy paper and position under the stencil taping down so it will not move.



  
    Then brush across the top section with Mountain Rose Adirondack ink .Making it a little darker nearer to the hills, a little bit of Espresso brushed in at the edges helps with the shading.



        
     Using a Micron pen draw around the edge of the oval shape, then also draw in some hills using wiggly lines and following the shapes already formed. We did this at the Clarity retreat last year so I was paying attention Barbara Gray.



      Stamp in some trees using the Sepia ink again and shade in the hills with 
pencils, I also added some lines under the dog and trees to ground them. Next mask off the picture using the oval piece that comes with the stencil.



      
      Using the Mountain Rose brush over the flowers being careful not to get pink in the lines. Cover them with some tape if necessary.



     Finally I brushed some Meadow Adirondack into the lines on the stencil and added some matching pearls in the middle of the flowers . A fine brown line all around the outside edge with a Pro-Marker finished the design. Then it was mounted onto a pink base card. 



  
   



       
              
        Just hope she likes the card now and also has a wonderful Birthday. Think she will as I know my son has a special present for her. 

        I am also entering this card  into the challenge at Claritystamps which this month is to use the masking technique in the design. 

   Items used are
            Wee Folk stamp set
            NDC  framer stencil
            Wee trees stamp set    
            Theuva card
  
        Hope you like this one and Thank-you for dropping by. If you have time please leave a comment    xxx                                                             

26 comments:

  1. Love scene nice colours good luck in the clarity challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you. Think Hayley liked it. xx

      Delete
  2. Love the scenen you have created Lynne. Great colour choice too. Good luck snd thanks for entering

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scenen you have created Lynne. Great colour choice too. Good luck snd thanks for entering

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Linda. Hayley lives in the countryside so thought this was appropriate. Was trying to make a pretty girly card. xx

      Delete
  4. A very pretty card. Good luck in the challenge and thank you for entering. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Carole. Love the NDC stencil really helps with the background. xx

      Delete
  5. Ahhh,that's a lovely card. I am sure she will love it. Von x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she did Von. She does love her dogs like you. Thank-you. xx

      Delete
  6. That's so pretty Lynne - I'm sure she'll love her card. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Susan. The stencil is a lovely start to any card. xx

      Delete
  7. So pretty love the colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Sheila. Wanted a feminine card so pink it had to be. xx

      Delete
  8. Oh so pretty , she will love it . Now I wish I had joined the stencil club too . Joy now. Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Janice. Not too late to join the stencil club and you might be able to buy this stencil anyway now. xx

      Delete
  9. A very serene scene with beautiful colour-ways, Lynne and I'm sure the lady in question will love it. Best wishes in the Clarity Challenge. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Shelagh. I am glad we did those hills last year I have used the idea a lot on other family cards. A good way to create a scene.xx

      Delete
  10. Very pretty scene. Those pearls really finish off the stenciled flowers. Good luck in the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank-you Lesley. I enjoyed making this one and love the stencil. I love to add gems or glitter if it is suitable. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful scene and beautiful choice of colours Lynne.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful scene and beautiful choice of colours Lynne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Naomi. Wanted a nice girly card which is why I chose pink. xx

      Delete
  14. This is beautiful work Lynne, so soft and delicate and a fab scene. I'm sure the recipient will love it, such a personal card.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank-you Lynn. She did like her card and was very spoilt on her special day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the composition of this card Lynne. Good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Karin. This was one of those cards that evolved as I did it. xx

      Delete