Translate

Wednesday, 25 November 2015

SIMPLY DOES IT

      
      Well very nearly the end of November, will soon be Christmas. Have you done your shopping yet and made your cards. Most of my cards are done and I have managed about half of my pressie shopping. We are a large family so lots to get. Just wish my dear husband would give me some idea of what he might like for his pressie. Not a clue at the moment. My daughter is doing the big family get together this year so that eases the workload a little, we do love Christmas. 
      
         Anyway I have just completed my card for this month's challenge at Claritystamps, the theme has been CLEAN and SIMPLE. I quite like this style of card although I do love embellishments so had to hold back a bit. I had a few ideas but finally settled on the one I am sharing with you here. 

        I started by blending three colours of distress ink over a piece of card. 


      Next I stamped the single Funky Flower twice over the blended colours. The stalk was not as long as I wanted so I used a Black micron pen to extend it a little.  I also heat embossed the image with clear embossing powder so that it stood out well. Also meant I could use my pro-markers to colour it.

    
       I also stamped some script randomly over the card with second generation ink, just to give a little bit of interest to the background. Then coloured in the flower heads. 






  

                                         
        Before  mounting the image onto some black card I added a small piece of black ribbon across the stems.  A final sentiment finished the card.


  
         I think this fits the challenge theme ok and I hope you like it. Back to finishing those Christmas cards now and if you have time please leave a comment. Thank-you.  xx

18 comments:

  1. Very nice love the bold colour which makes this good luck in the clarity challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you. I am not always very brave with colour but felt this challenge needed it. xx

      Delete
  2. I love the bright colour you have used for this card. Thank you for entering the challenge and the best of luck. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Carol, lovely kind comment as always. xx

      Delete
  3. Love your design a simple but lovely card, Lynne. Thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge again. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Naomi. II do love embellishments so difficult for me to hold back. Wanted to bring out the flowers. xx

      Delete
  4. A beautiful card which speaks volumes, Lynne. Thank you for contributing again to the Clarity Challenge and best wishes. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Shelagh. The sentiment word chains are very useful. I hope you are ok. xx

      Delete
  5. A lovely card Lynne. Simple but striking. Good luck in the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Lesley. Can be difficult to resist adding just a bit more. xx

      Delete
  6. Lynne I love this very simple and clean looking . Good luck and thanks for entering x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Linda. Not always the easiest challenge to resist adding that little bit extra. xx

      Delete
  7. A great CAS card Lynne. Thanks for entering this month's challenge. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank-you Angela. I enjoyed the challenge as usual. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you have made a very lovely clean card Lynne. Love the colour and your little embellishment is just right. Best of luck in the challenge. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Emma, lovely comment as always. I thought it needed to be a bit brighter for CAS. xx

      Delete
  10. It definitely fits the brief and is beautiful in its simplicity. A very nice card Mum! XXX. Von

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Von. You know I really like the glitter and embellishments, so had to hold back. xx

      Delete