Translate

Tuesday, 23 June 2015

OWLS

      I have recently bought these lovely owl stamps and I thought they were ideal for a card for a man or boy. The challenge at Claritystamps this month is Boys Boys Boys so they are perfect for my entry.
      I had several ideas but decided to keep it reasonably straightforward. The stamps have a lot of detail in them.

          Using a piece of the Theuva card I stamped the large owl to the side and the trio of owls in a diamond shape to the left.



     I put some more diamonds under the large one and shaded them in Espresso Adirondack ink. I masked off the larger shape with post it notes so that I could create a small background inside.  I also masked off the owls with the mask provided with the stamp set, saves so much cutting out.
          



           I used a stamp from the journal set for the branches and Espresso ink again.  Colours do not show very well in the photo really. 


     The larger owl was stamped several times on a separate sheet of paper and also heat embossed. This meant I could use some pro-markers to colour in and also I cut out layers and decoupaged him. 

   
         The small areas were filled in with a black fine liner pen carrying on the pattern in the stamp.




      
           Just needed to mount the finished artwork onto a brown background and a card base. I also used the Alphabet set to add the word Son. It was not my intention to make this card for my son but he visited whilst I was creating it, looked at it and said " I 'll have that for my Birthday", he loves birds of prey so very appropriate really.  




Completed card
           Items used 

                            Owl Stamp Set
                            Journal Set  
                           Letterbox Set
                             Theuva Card 
      All available from http://www.claritystamp.co.uk/
              
               Hope you like this card and thankyou for visiting my blog. 

19 comments:

  1. Stunning card and design I like how you have coloured the Owls in. Thank you for entering the challenge and the best of luck. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for the lovely comment. I do like these owls reckon I am going to use them a lot. x

      Delete
  2. can I say what a wonderful piece of work love your idea stunning good luck clarity challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so kind of you. Men are so difficult to design a card for. x

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous card, Lynne. So much attention to the details makes it perfect. Thank you for your visit this morning.and your lovely comments on the parchment. It is incredibly addictive, I had forgotten just how addictive. I have got the new stamps but just have not got them out yet.Lots more fun to be had. Have a good holiday. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Maggie. There have been so many lovely new products recently it is difficult to know which to use first. x

      Delete
  4. Fabulous design Lynne - love how you have the cluster of owls in the largest diamond shape! Thanks for sharing, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Susan. Took a couple of attempts to get the design I wanted. x

      Delete
  5. Great composition Lynne and beautiful colouring of your owls. Thanks for entering the Clarity challenge, and good luck. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Barbara. Enjoyed colouring the owls, they are lovely stamps. x

      Delete
  6. Lynne the design is wonderful. So elegant and perfect. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind Naomi. Thankyou. Think these owls will be used a lot. x

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous card Lynne. A lovely layout and beautiful colouring. Thanks for entering the Clarity challenge this month. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Angela. Loved colouring these owls, they are lovely. x

      Delete
  8. Delightful, Lynne and such a comprehensive 'how to.' Thank you so much for joining in with the challenge. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Shelagh. I do try to explain how I have made my card, do forget to take photos sometimes though. x

      Delete
  9. This is fab Lynne! A great card, perfect for this month's challenge.....I wonder after your Son's comment, if he'll be surprised to receive it for his Birthday?
    Thank you for entering and good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Carole. He will be pleased, probably forgotten by now what he saw me doing. Unusual for him to take much notice. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful design Carole. great how you have carried on the line art into your diamonds and your main owl is brilliant. Good luck in the challenge x

    ReplyDelete