Translate

Thursday, 28 May 2015

BUTTERFLY BLUES


      I have made this card using a Lavinia stamp. I have not got many of their pretty designs yet but decided to try to come up with a card suitable for this months challenge at Lavinia stamps.  The challenge is to use pink or blue or both. I decided to use my butterfly stamp. 
        
       The border along the bottom is made by using inks onto shaving foam. This gives a lovely marbled effect. I trimmed back and mounted onto some dark blue card.


          I added a die cut greeting in matching card.  Next I stamped the butterfly in Cornflower blue Archival ink. Then coloured in using Spectrum Noir pencils.  I went over some areas with a glitter pen which does not show up too well in the photos. 



       I just stamped some little stars randomly about the card using a very tiny stamp from Lavinia. Then mounted onto blue card again and a 7 x 7 card blank. 


     
         Quite a simple card really but looks so clean and fresh.  Hope you like this one, I will enter it into the challenge and keep my fingers crossed.  First time I have tried the challenge at Lavinia. 

 

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card - this Lavinia butterfly stamp is one of my favourites. I love the colours you've chosen and marbled panel is really lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Liz. It is a beautiful stamp so intricate. xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely delicate card Lynne. Thanks for entering the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and good luck. Kx DT member

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Karen, I shall have to improve my collection of stamps. I enjoyed this one. x

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful, Lynne....I recently taught the shaving foam effect at one of my workshops, the ladies loved it! I still think the Lavinia Zen butterfly is one of my most favourite stamps.....EVER! thanks for sharing with us in the May challenge.
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card......Love the background very much..... Thank you for entering the Lavinia Challenge and Good Luck.... Marianne DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout and the background is beautifully subtle. Many thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! This looks great! Love the effect with the shaving foam. Might use this idea. Von xx

    ReplyDelete