Translate

Sunday, 21 December 2014

BEADED SNOWFLAKES

      Hello, thankyou for taking time to visit my blog during what is one of the busiest times of the year. I am sure everyone is getting in the festive spirit now. I do enjoy Christmas and have just been to a lovely Carol service. It was great to join in with all the favourite Carols. We just needed some snow to complete the atmosphere, which brings me onto the theme of my card. 
      I enjoyed making this card, it was very relaxing to sit and sew the beads on. Firstly I  pricked the pattern of the snowflake onto a piece of card cut into a tag shape. The pattern I used on this card was taken from a magazine by Crafter's Companion. Next I sewed the beads into place.





       For the base card I stencilled some snowflakes onto plain card using a lovely stencil from Clarity. I used a matching colour of ink to the tag.




    Adding some gems , flowers, sparkly reindeer and a ribbon bow completed the sparkle.  



Completed card with the addition of die cut snowflakes and a greeting.
  I also made one in red as well.  Very festive.


Red version



    These were special cards for my family but I am also entering the Aqua coloured one into the challenge at Fussy and Fancy. I hope you all enjoy yourselves in the next couple of weeks and have a Happy New Year as well. 



















4 comments:

  1. Holy Moly Lynne...How fantastic is this!! Love the sewing of beads!! I am AMAZED!! BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Thanks for joining in the fun Snowflakes and ribbon challenge at Fussy and Fancy!! Best of luck:)
    Hugs and Happiness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Mary Lou. I did enjoy making these although I did drop the beads one night. xx

      Delete
  2. This looks really effective, must have took forever sewing the beads on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. It was actually quite relaxing to sew the beads on so I did not mind how long it took.xx

      Delete